Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Playing Dark Souls 2!

          I start my blog from such game as Dark Souls 2.
          I didn't like this game at first - seemed way too hard for me. There are no puzzles, no tactical heavy battles, no brain breaking gameplay, mobs do simply too much damage which is hard to block or parry. This game reminded me of God of War series, especially GoW2 - one of my favorite slasher games. There are hard battles too, but most of mobs are easy to deal with, only bosses provided some challenge. In Dark Souls there are no easy enemies, every zombie can easily kill you if you start to count crows in the sky. Almost every mob has different types of attack, for example charge - mob runs to you and perform very fast attack impossible to block if you didn't raise your shield preliminarily. Attacks can (and will) stun. 2-3 mobs at time = 90% you will be dead. This is normal for games you set difficulty as "Hard" or "Master", this is there are no difficulties in Dark Souls, you cant ease the game o_O Another thing is you suffer from every death - you cannot just die hundred of times on every mob to learn his movies, or just try to rush - nope, with every death you lose maximum HP, resulting in a few deaths you wont be able to play.
          Well, if you read this you are probably common with this this mechanics. Thing I said above gave me negative experience about the game leaded to find some cheats to beat hard places, since I don't have too much time to die on boss over and over. Naturally, very soon after this I understood game in not interesting for me - what is fun to play with cheats? Then I decided - no, there are no games I could not beat yet, I will play Dark Souls for an year for 30 minutes every day instead of beating it in a few days without a grain of fun. So I started my difficult passage through Dark Souls 2.
          I want to provide a review from Steam ideally describing my thoughts:
"You probably won't like this game. You will die, your ego will be crushed, your soul exhausted, and you will inevitably fail at every turn. Yet somehow in those moments when you do succeed, learning from every agonizing death, it is one of the most triumphant feelings in the world. Those heart-pounding moments where you narrowly dodge a towering giant monster's killing blow and swiftly strike at him with your last ounce of stamina, bringing him to his knees and finally overcoming him... are the most rewarding moments you will ever experience in gaming. But to get there, prepare to die. A lot."

#darksouls2

No comments:

Post a Comment