Thursday, August 7, 2014

The Four Horsemen Heroic

Difficulty: 5/5
Attempts: more than 30 (without gambling for cards)
          Yay, 3rd wing of Naxxramas! Ol' good Military Quarter. I remember wiping all night long in Naxxramas back in the 2006 ^^ Yeah, those good days. But back to the present!
          Non-heroic bosses were easy as usual, killed all three bosses with standart zoolock deck. I my heroic path from most interesting fight from my point of view - The Four Horsemen. I knew fight will be hard, but I didn't expect it to be this VERY hard. Very challenging boss, 4 classes, several deck revisions, more than 30 attempts (not counting gambling for cards).
          My first idea was obvious - a priest with Shadow Word: Pain, Cabal Shadow Priest and of course Ooze, since his weapon hits hard. About 15 attempts was in vain. He was killing be far too fast - 6 damage from first turn, 8 damage from second (+weapon). Even if I managed to kill 2 of them with SWP his secrets revived or buffed other Horsemen - paladin secrets were insane in this fight. EVEN after I killed all three (happened twice) I didn't have ooze yet, and he finished me swiftly with 8 attack sword.
          Second idea was zoolock - to spam them with units - total fail. Then I tried a frostmage. Nova+Elemental+Blizzard+Frostbolt+Lance and so on. Mirror Images, Fireball, and finally Flamestrike. This worked fine, but still not enough. All I need is to survive till Flamestrike. Same as with priest I even managed to kill three Forsemen of board, but he finished me with sword.
          My last idea was to make a paladin with maximum defensive cards: Humility and Aldor Peacekeeper to counter Paladin buff secret. Some units with healing to survive unit late game. Blessing of Kings was very useful. Molten Golem is much pick. This worked better than previous decks - on 5th try I finally won.
          Hardest fight so far.


p.s. I know I didn't use Kodo - problem is I didn't spend real money on cards, so I still don't have many important cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment