Thursday, August 14, 2014

Thaddius Heroic

Difficulty: 1/5
Attempts: 2
          New week - new bosses! Only one closed wing left now with two bosses for the next week. And four more bosses for this week.
          I started with most interesting boss from my point of view - his ability makes fight very amusing - Polarity Shift. As I told, I used to play the very first version of Naxxramas in the 2006, and Thaddius was one of most challenging while exciting bosses. His ability made players to deal much more damage than they usually do, and I could not wait how this ability should work in Hearthstone.
          When I was fighting this boss in normal mode I noticed he shifts polarity taking into account all temporary buffs uncluding buffs like +1 attack from Dire Wolf Alpha. For example you have 1\3 unit and Wolf on table making this unit 2\3. Thaddius shifts polarity making the unit 3\2, and wolf buffs it's attack again to 4\2! And so on - so I made my deck taking as many buffs as possible. To my surprise Thaddius summons two powerful units from turn 2 (thanks to Blizzard, at least not from 1st turn) - I wasn't ready and lost in the first game. Thing is on 2nd turn one of monstrosities  have only 4 hp, so it can be killed with Soul Fire or Shadowbolt - next turn another have 4 hp due to Polarity Shift, making him vulnerable to same spells. Also, those monsters have 7 attack, making them easy target for BGH or SW:D.
          I choosed a warlock, since he can draw cards and have 4 damage 0 mana spell, so I could deal with one of monsters from the turn they came. Another unit was a target to BGH. 2nd try.


#hearthstone #heroic #thaddius

No comments:

Post a Comment